As part of an Eat Clean diet and wanting to get in shape fast, you sometimes with all the healthy eating you just feel like treating yourself to a nice satisfying dessert. This delicious Banana Mousse will satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt. With the non-fat Greek yogurt, it gives you some good protein too.
Healthy Banana Mousse
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat milk
- 4 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, quartered
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 slices banana (1/4 inch each)
- 4 mint leaves
- In a blender, blend milk, sugar, vanilla, and the quartered banana together at high speed until mixture is smooth. Pour into a bowl and fold in yogurt.
- Chill mixture for at least 45 minutes in refrigerator; when chilled, spoon mousse into 4 dessert dishes.
- Cut 4 1/4-inch slices from banana, and top mousse with banana slice and mint leaf.
Bananas are loaded with potassium, with over 400 mg potassium in a single medium-size banana. According to Colorado State University Extension, potassium is necessary for good nerve and muscle function as well as for maintaining a healthy balance of fluids in the body. You will hear a lot of marathoners eating bananas before and during marathons because the potassium in bananas can help prevent muscle cramps after exercise.In addition to potassium, one banana also supplies you with:
- 15% of your daily Vitamin C
- 35% of your Vitamin B-6, 3 grams of fiber
- 0.3 grams of manganese (adults need between 1.8 and 2.3 mg of manganese daily).
Kathryn Wong helps women with their health and fitness. She focuses on helping women who are challenged with sugar.. sugar addiction, sweet cravings, sweet tooth, and excess fat. Why? Because she struggled with this for years. Countless hours at the gym and too many diets to not get the results she wanted. After years of struggling she finally figured out how to get results and mange her sugar addiction. She now helps women do the same so they don’t have to struggle like she did. Come get some support in Kathryn’s Free Facebook Community, Women Staying Strong, where we share and support each other.